Friday, October 8, 2010

journal #7 las dos fridas

This piece is by Frida Kahlo. The name of it is Las Dos Fridas. It is located Museum of Modern Art, Mexico City. Her color chocices are very towards the grayer or darker tones. The movement of this piece is very fluid because of the vein connecting the two fridas. She used oil and its painted on a canvas. My attention goes to the hearts. The theme is about moving on in your life and diffrent sides to her life. I think the artist is trying to make a statment about her lifes struggle. I think she created this work because she needed to express herself. I think the artist view of the world is a cruel place. My impressions of the work changed since my first impression because I now have knowledge of her lifes struggles. I love how she put herself into the whole painting completly and I would like to try to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment