Thursday, October 14, 2010

Journal #8 Primavera by Sandro Botticella

This piece is called Primavera, by Sandro Botticella. It is located Uffizi, Florence. My first impression of this work was that it was a scene of women and gods. After learning the history behind this picture i realized it was all about spring. The movement of this peice is very fluid almost as if in motion. And the color choices are very angelic and the background is very dark but with blue openings from the sky. The main focus of the work is Venus shes the focus and main component of the piece. The theme of the work is the coming of spring. I think the artist is trying to tell the story of how spring comes every year and on a side note the story or Zepher and Flora. I think the artist created this artwork for the sake of telling the story. Ithink the artist views of the world is the gods control everything. My thoughts havent changed from my first impresstion of this piece. I learned about greek mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment